Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pc to hdtv hookup (in the shop)
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:21:59 -0500
OK, I looked it up from work.  This online store was recommended to me and they
have a ton of different cables.  I didn't look to see if they had this specific
one or not.  I buy computer stuff from newegg.com, they might have the
appropriate cable too.

monoprice.com

> I'd be interested in that link regardless whether the original poster is or
>not please.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim

> =============
> I seem to have read that some video outs don't include the sound channels, or
>maybe your cable isn't transmitting the sound channels.  You may need to do
>some research regarding your own laptop to see how it operates.  If it turns
>out that your laptop isn't putting out sound on the hdmi output then you can
>possibly buy an adapter that will combine the hdmi output and the submini
>audio output into one cable.
>
> There are some places on the net that sell a wide variety of different cables
>and adapters.  They likely make something that would plug in and work for you.
> I have a link at home that I can send tonight if you need it.
>

> > need some expertise... laptop to HDTV hook up thru a home theatre system...
> > get the picture fine by using the remote monitor cable straight to the tv...
> > but no sound... tried a submini audio cable from the pc headphone jack to
>the
> > jack on the theater and the TV  no sound....

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums