Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 11:45:29 -0800
I had good success once dunking the entire carburetor from my lawn mower in a
can of GUNK overnight. I didn't think to remove the O ring and it swelled up
pretty big. Took a day or two to dry out. Mower worked fine after that. So,
you might try sticking as many of the fuel parts as you can in GUNK for
awhile. Any rubber parts either run something through them or replace them.

Brian K

On Dec 20, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Randall wrote:

>> At this point I am open to any and all suggestions as to what
>> to do next.
>
> IMO, you've still got a fuel passage somewhere that is nearly blocked.  It
> takes only a tiny amount of air (and fuel) for the engine to idle, so the
> only unusual part is that it takes nearly full manifold vacuum to pull
> enough fuel through the jet.
>
> I went through something similar with a stored lawnmower, seems that what
> they sell for gasoline in CA these days dries to a hard white substance
that
> "carb cleaner" will not touch.
>
> Randall

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html