Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not

To: KVacek@ameritech.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Need some thoughts an a snow blower that will not
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 14:51:33 -0500
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:

> I'd try a good off-the-engine carb cleaning before much else, and I'd just
> go buy a carb kit to get new gaskets and a new needle and seat before even
> starting. B Personally I've had very mixed results with on-the-engine carb
> cleaning.

I'd check the cost of a whole new carb, first though.  Some small
engine carbs are stupidly expensive, while others are stupidly cheap.
I don't know what the owner's futz v. fix properly numbers are, but I
don't see it's worth futzing with if a new carb is cheap.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html