[Shop-talk] Tire changer mount, the conclusion

Subject: [Shop-talk] Tire changer mount, the conclusion
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:44:35 -0500
Ok, I know I post alot of questions here.  But I'd figure I'd post a few
of my solutions here as well.

A while back I was asking about the force applied to the tire changer from
Harbor Freight.

With the answers I got here, I made, what I consider, a rather elegant
solution to the mounting problem.

Again, I can't mount in my floor because of the radiant tubes.  Also, I
don't want to put this thing in the middle of the floor anywhere.

So, I came up with way that the changer can 'fold' up to my table when not
in use, but quickly pulls out and with one nut, tightens super sturdy!

Here is a link to my instrucable on it...

<
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-mount-a-tire-changer-without-bolting-to-the/

Funny side note, now that I posted this and I'm sure others can use the
idea, Harbor Freight no longer offerers that changer on their site! DOH!!!

Moose
Waldo Emerson