Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press.

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press.
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 13:48:21 -0500
Yeah, it's more of an attitude and a wish list.  There are a lot
things that could be improved for "guys like us" for free or very
little cost, if it was a priority for the manufacturer.  But it's
not, and they'd rather we just throw stuff away and buy replacements.

At 12:50 PM 3/1/2011, David Scheidt wrote:

>Who's willing to pay for that?   "Sorry, the battery charger that used
>to cost 20 bucks, now costs 300, and is the size of a toaster, because
>we can't use an ASIC.' just doesn't fly with most people who don't
>know how to use a soldering iron.  (it doesn't fly with me, either,
>who does know how to use a soldering iron.)  Yes, I'd like to see some
>of these things, (documentation costs nothing) but I'm not willing to
>pay more for stupid things like screws that can't be put on with a
>machine.  Or screws where glue is really the right solution.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums