[Shop-talk] vacuum cleaners (non-shop)

Subject: [Shop-talk] vacuum cleaners (non-shop)
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 16:19:08 -0400
We needed a new vacuum last year.  (My wife was getting sick every time we
vacuumed, so I decided to try a vacuum with HEPA filter.)  I researched
everything with a filter on BestBuy's website, and bought a bagless Bissel
lift off.  It is not light or cheap but it works well and has some interesting
features.  It has all of the hoses and so forth on the machine so you just
pull out the main suction hose, stick an attachment on it, and go.  When
finished you stick the main hose back into its normal spot and it goes back to
being a standard upright vacuum.  The main suction canister can lift off of
the upright base and you can carry it like a canister vacuum with a hose.  I
can vacuum half of my house and the tank will fill up with pet fur.  It is
easy to dump, and I keep going.  My wife has not gotten sick when I use it.  I
read all of the user reviews for the models I was interested in and picked the
one that I thought was best.  Interestingly I read a lot of complaints about
the expensive Dyson machines.