[Shop-talk] Replacing a breaker?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Replacing a breaker?
From: jamesf at groupwbench.org (Jim Franklin)
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 13:18:20 -0400
On Apr 7, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Scott Hall wrote:

> So...do you guys have any thoughts before I have at this?  Am I missing
things here?  I'm about to kill myself and burn down my house?  I should be
testing with a multimeter or something?

Well, if you DON'T test with a multimeter, you deserve to have the snot scared
out of you by a shower of sparks.

Sometimes the safety device is actually doing its job. :-)

Check there's no voltage on the output side of the breaker, and there's no
connectivity between the hot & neutral/ground at all the fixtures.