[Shop-talk] off-topic a LITTLE, its for the shop

Subject: [Shop-talk] off-topic a LITTLE, its for the shop
From: eltonclark at gmail.com (Elton E. (Tony) Clark)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 12:11:59 -0500
*Mike,*
*Here are a coupla possibles based on incentives which*
*motor freight carriers often give businesses:*
**
*1. ask any friend whose business receives a lot of freight*
*if they have any "special deals" on incoming freight.  Have it shipped to
them.*
**
*2. Ask a couple of carriers (don't call, go hang around the dock) if they
have special deals for some customers.*
**
*I was a tractor dealer, received lots of motor freight, and regularly had
offers of up to 50% off if I would always *
*specify a certain carrier.*
**
*Also, get the shipper to shop his business friends for any*
*special deals.*
**
*Crating can make a big difference; using a "stackable" crate*
*just made a a $100 cheaper rate for me on a shipment of an engine **from TX
to CA.*

*Tony*