[Shop-talk] off-topic a LITTLE, its for the shop

Subject: [Shop-talk] off-topic a LITTLE, its for the shop
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:30:02 -0700
> How do I get this thing shipped CHEAP,

If you are willing to travel a bit farther, you might try Forward Air
http://www.forwardair.com

It's not mentioned on their web site (last time I looked), but they at least
used to take terminal-to-terminal truck freight on a "space available"
basis.  However, I think their nearest terminal would be down here near LAX;
and the shipment probably needs to be on a pallet.  They would probably
deliver to SB, but you'd need a loading dock and it would cost extra.

It's been a few years ago, but I got a pallet with some 400 lbs of car parts
shipped to their LAX terminal from Texas, for under $200.

-- Randall