Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 16:08:44 -0500
The newer model of the MSUV is a bit smaller and looks quite a bit lighter
than the one we have. As Doug points out, it can be used with brands other
than Ridgid. Unless you're always going to use the saw in the same place,
some sort of portable stand is a practical necessity. The cart style greatly
helps moving the saw around.

All this said, the last time I was at our local HD I remember seeing a
package deal on (I think) a DeWalt 10 inch slider that included a (non-roll
around) portable stand. Worth checking out maybe?

FWIW,
Ron

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:

> I also a Ridgid MSUV and I am quite happy with it.  It is pretty
> sturdy (and a bit heavy), and it is sort of overkill for my 10" DeWalt
> miter saw, but it makes it easy to set up and use the saw.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums