Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Mitre Saws
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 21:41:05 -0500
We were at Home Depot earlier and I noticed that they had a pretty nice
looking Ryobi 10 inch slider for $200. When we started framing our new place
we were dragging the big Ridgid 12 inch to the property every time we went
down, then cutting and framing on-site.

One day my wife suggested that we pre-cut and label everything we could at
our rent house after work during the week. This allowed us to just do the
framing on-site. It saved a LOT of time. We bought a Ryobi 10 inch compound
on a HD sale ($80, IIRC) and used it on site to cut the upper cripples and
such. Milling variations will trip you up if you're not careful.

FWIW,
Ron

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96