Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor

To: "Jeff Scarbrough" <fishplate@gmail.com>, "Shop Talk"
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Compressor
From: "Steve Hammatt Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 07:57:09 -0700
I'll never forget when my wife said, "let's go get you an air compressor
for your birthday"!  Boy, was I excited....
I'd been thinking of getting one for the past few months after putting
up our new 2k sq ft shop/garage.  She wanted to go with me to get
her present for me.  So we took a trip to Grainger's local store and
I selected (I'd already had it scoped out) a 6' tall, two stage (last of
the cast iron cylinder version) 5hp 220V air compressor.

What was funny was that she thought it was an air compressor like
she'd seen in the box stores, as she put it..."like the size of a
bread box".  I smiled all the way home and she then understood why
we took the truck to pick up her present for me<VBG>.

First thing I did was fit an automatic water drain to drain the tank
daily.  Hope you find the one you need, like most men's tools, they
never can be too big.

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA