Re: [Shop-talk] hanging bicycles

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hanging bicycles
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:47:43 -0400
Tim, how high is the ceiling?  I just use hooks in my garage for the bikes
and they are solid.  I did build a lowering 10'X5' whiteboard in my 14'
high garage ceiling with pulleys.  Works fine.

I'm not sure what exactly you are asking about however.

BTW, it doesn't matter how stable the mounting is.  The damage will occur
when the bike is being put on, or off the ceiling.  So if you don't move
the cars to do this, nothing will be foolproof.

Moose
Waldo Emerson

In order to have more space, I took the wall down between my SHOP and
garage space--wish I had done this when we bought the place five years
ago!!! The one thing I lost in the process was the wall space where I
was hanging our four bicycles. I am thinking about hanging them from the
rafters in the SHOP space as well as above the garage space.

Any one out there use or design something I can use? It has to be 100%
reliable as some of the garage space is taken up by two Datsun Roadster
that would not be happy if a bike fell on them.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums