Re: [Shop-talk] hanging bicycles

To: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] hanging bicycles
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:09:11 -0700
Tim - If your hanging area is 8-9 feet high, the low tech method is to
just put up a pair of hooks and hang the bikes from the rims. Measure
the distance from hub to hub and space the hooks that far apart. If the
joists don't line up, put the hooks in a 2x4 and attach it to the
ceiling joists. I normally hook the back wheel then hook the front one.
If you alternate the direction of the bikes, you can put them closer
together.

My hooks are http://www.harborfreight.com/jumbo-bike-utility-hook-47751.html

Brian with 2 bikes over the front of a TR6.