[Shop-talk] Epoxy/JB Weld on auto a/c line?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Epoxy/JB Weld on auto a/c line?
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott Hall)
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 13:59:22 -0400
Wife has a 2003 VW Beetle.  A metal a/c line has rubbed up against a
bracket until a pinhole formed, releasing the R134.

Anyone know of something from a tube I can slather over the hole that
will hold the pressure of the system?  I *think* it's on the high side
of the system, and the hole is so small I can't actually see it.  But my
wife said the shop pointed it out to her and she saw something coming
out of it.  A hole that small, I'm inclined to try a repair first, but I
know jack about a/c.  You guys know darn near everything, it seems,  so...

Thanks.

Scott