[Shop-talk] gps stuff

Subject: [Shop-talk] gps stuff
From: jniolon at bham.rr.com (john niolon)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 14:26:40 -0500
My father was a surveyor for 60 something years and a map maker... he brought
me up in the trade.  He will probably spin like a gyro in his grave when I buy
this but it will be a convenience out of town and in unfamiliar areas... I
prefer maps... I buy one in every town I visit... must have 10 dozen... the
maps will show me the back roads and roundabouts that gps won't ... nice to
miss 10 mph beach road traffic when two blocks over is a nice 4 lane
industrial blvd with no traffic lights... I know them in every town we
frequent.

the GPS will help me on trips where I'm unfamiliar with the area and when to
exit the 6 lane freeway , there if you miss a turn you tend to cuss loudly in
front of your 10 year old grandson... not a good thing.