[Shop-talk] gps stuff

Subject: [Shop-talk] gps stuff
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (BJNoSHOV8)
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 21:14:14 -0500
My iphone works well in most areas where we have 3G coverage.  In rural
areas it can range from slow to nothing.  Sometimes the maps won't
update fast enough to keep up with your driving, or you are in an area
where you can't download a map.

You can buy maps to preload on your phone, but you might as well have a
dedicated GPS instead.

I don't need a GPS that much for travel, and I usually look up where I'm
going in advance.  If the route is difficult I'll just print out the
maps beforehand and bring them with me.  For most of our traveling a
normal printed state map is all I need.