Re: [Shop-talk] battery tender--Thanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] battery tender--Thanks
From: Neil Sherry <neiljsherry@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:20:38 +0100
I think you'll find it's not actually boiling - if that was the case it
would give off water vapour. The excess charge rate will be causing some
heating, but is actually splitting the water molecules - that's why
hydrogen and oxygen gases are given off. It just looks like it's boiling
because of the heat and the appearance of bubbles.
Neil