Re: [Shop-talk] Drill Doctor

To: KVacek@ameritech.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Drill Doctor
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 19:07:20 -0500
On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Karl Vacek <kvacek@ameritech.net> wrote:
> After having sharpened drills freehand all my life, a couple of days ago I
> finally decided I needed to look at a Drill Doctor. B Just not as steady
and
> patient as I once thought I was.
>

> I had half an hour to spend at Sears this afternoon and lo and behold, they
> had a Drill Doctor 750X on the closeout cart for $75. B Apparently
complete,
> apparently unused, just an opened box return. B I bought it - even Amazon
> gets nearly $140 for it.

Ive got one ( a very low end one they no longer sell).  Works fine.

Read the manual, and watch the instriuctional videos.  Mounting the
bit in the chuck is a little fiddly.
Mine is a fixed angle, I don't know how well the adjustable angles
work; it's about 133 degrees insted of 135, at least if my factory
bits are ground right.  Doesn't matter after the first sharpening, but
it's sort of annoying the frist time.