[Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316

Subject: [Shop-talk] ODBII trouble code P0316
From: pj_thomas at comcast.net (Peter J. Thomas)
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 09:09:57 -0400
On 9/16/2011 12:42 AM, Steven Trovato wrote:
>  The P0316 code is set when  a misfire is detected during the first
> 1,000 revolution test interval following engine start.
Makes sense, I don't get an immediate P0303, but fairly quickly.
> Google is your friend.  :-)

It's your friend but not mine. :-(  All I could find was various
combinations of P030x and P0316 but nothing specific about P0316.  None
of the tables I found or my shop manual list P0316.  Curious if you have
a link to a page of code that list P0316? Thanks.

> I was just helping a friend with a Toyota who did the exact same thing
> in the exact same storm.  He had a p0302, misfire on cylinder 2.  Got
> everything thoroughly dried out, reset the code and all is good.  Of
> course, if you have rodents chewing on your wires, you have more to
> address than just a puddle.  Good luck with it.

I work from home so I don't drive it every day.  I live in a wooded
area, lots of chipmunks and mice.  They like to nest in there.  Every
car will eventually get acorn shells and the beginning of a nest in the
air filter box.

Peter T