[Shop-talk] Recommendation on Four Post Lifts

Subject: [Shop-talk] Recommendation on Four Post Lifts
From: bjzwissler at gmail.com (Ben Zwissler)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 19:52:00 -0400
Hello all,

I'm looking to acquire a new project car for the winter, but if I do
it'll displace one of my LBCs from the "shop" and I'll be out of space
to get my daily driver in the "non-shop" garage.   It seems a four post
lift would be a good solution to double up.  The shop is not suitable
for the lift due to low ceilings, but the "non-shop" garage has 10 foot
ceilings and is otherwise a pretty typical home garage with a single,
double wide overhead door and little extra length.  Even with the
typical garage stuff stored at the end, I've got 220" of length and 114"
of width for parking.  I've got a roll up standard overhead door and I'd
have to do something with it to get it to hug the ceiling.

The "top" car would be the TR4A or TR8 and the "bottom" car would be my
short cab, standard bed, 2WD Ford Ranger.  I've been looking at the
Bendpak HD7P and I'm interested in any suggestions, alternatives,
lessons learned, etc. before I go further.

Thanks, Ben....

--
Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com