[Shop-talk] High temp adhesives

Subject: [Shop-talk] High temp adhesives
From: TR3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 17:31:19 -0700
> A decent gap filling adhesive like an epoxy would seem ideal, but JB
> Weld for example says it's only good to 600 degrees.  I don't
> know how
> hot these thing really get, but there is a propane flame around them.

Sounds like a job for "refractory cement".  Propane/air can reach almost
2000C, and while I doubt your fireplace is getting that hot, it's probably
getting a lot hotter than the 600F that JB Weld is rated for.

But I'm no expert here, just my guess from reading about how to build kilns
and such.

-- Randall