[Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:24:00 -0800
I'm getting a cordless impact driver for myself tomorrow.  The big
orange box has good deals on a Dewalt combo (DCK236C for $149).  But I
also noticed they have special pricing on Milwaukee with the driver for
$149 or a combo with a hammer drill for $199.

Question for the list - How does Milwaukee compare to Dewalt?  Both
these tools are 18V.  The Milwaukee uses Lithium batteries, which I
understand to be better that NiCad, hence a price difference.  I've used
12V Dewalt drills for about 15 years and am happy with my Dewalt power
tools, though I occasionally exceed the capabilities of my 12V drill.
Milwaukee is a brand I've heard of, but don't know how they compare to
Dewalt.

A plus for Dewalt is their battery design stays the same, so if I need
new batteries, next black Friday I can just pick up on of the $99 drills
with two batteries.  I read some reviews on Milwaukee changing their
battery design to not be backward compatible, which is a concern.

This is for advanced home use, so battery life in terms of lasting for
years of proper use is also important.

Thanks,

Brian

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html