[Shop-talk] Battery recycling was cordless tools

Subject: [Shop-talk] Battery recycling was cordless tools
From: tr3driver at ca.rr.com (Randall)
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:48:36 -0800
> I have no idea, so I'm just asking: is that safe?  There's stuff in
> used
> motor oil that I wouldn't want burned then in the air anywhere near me.

The EPA approves waste oil burners, provided they get hot enough to
completely burn the oil.  IIRC the leftover ash is supposed to be treated as
toxic waste, because some (maybe most) of the nasty stuff stays behind.

No doubt some of it does get out in the exhaust, but the same thing is true
of car exhaust.

-- Randall