Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

To: gordies garage <mg_garage@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:47:26 -0600
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 1:57 PM, gordies garage <mg_garage@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm not so sure I'd go so far as to call them experts

They sold me a set of tires that were the incorrect size, and lied
about it.  Wrote the wrong thing on the invoice, even.  I didn't
notice until a week or two later, when I was on the highway and
noticed the speed indicated to keep up with traffic was higher than
I'd expect.  Went back, complained got told 'we'd never do something
like that, why don't you go f* off and die.'  The corporate people
used less profanity, but told me I was a liar. (Where the heck am I
going to get new tires the wrong size but the correct model, and why
bother?)   My credit card company was a lot more sympathetic about
it.... Needless to say, I'm never going back.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html