[Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)

Subject: [Shop-talk] Buying tires online (or is it Tyres?)
From: pj_mcgarvey at hotmail.com (PJ McGarvey)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:55:46 -0500
I've used Tire Rack over the years with no problems, but I tried out Discount
Tire back in June when I needed new wheels to fit over my new (larger) brakes.

Found what I wanted on their site way cheaper than anywhere else, but I bought
one wheel, since I wanted to be sure it fit over my new brakes with enough
caliper clearance.  Once it worked out, I ordered 3 more.  All of them were
shipped using a Free shipping deal at the time.  They *also* had a Web-only
deal where if you bought 4 wheels they knocked off another $50 or something.
Since I had ordered 1 wheel and then 3 more all over the web, I called them up
and explained what I had done and could I get the Web only discount since I
had essentially bought 4 wheels from them recently.  They applied the discount
to my web order no problem.

All in all a great experience.  They don't have the selection tire rack does
on wheels and tires, but if they have what you want they are worth giving a
try.

-PJ