Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:14:51 -0500
> I dunno, man...there's absolutely NO WAY I want to drive someone else's car.
>
> Well, I'd *like* to tool around in someone's Ferrari...but I don't want
> to 1) pay to fix it when my right foot overtakes my frontal lobe, or 2)
> carry that kind of insurance.

A buddy of mine in high school worked on weekends for an Italian fellow
who was a cracker jack mechanic and had a sterling reputation.  My buddy
talked him into letting him drive a customer car "around the block".
Short story long, Bill hit some gravel and slid into a telephone pole.
Of course the mechanic was livid, as he saw his reputation go screaming
into the dumper.  After many calls and cajoling, Bill managed to talk
the owner into selling him the car without ever learning of the new body
style.  Bill and his parents took out a loan to pay for the car.  He
parked it in a local barn and we'd go look at it now and again.  He had
plans to restore it, but who knows what happened to it.  It sure screwed
up his future, as he had to postpone college to pay off the loan.

--
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html