Re: [Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 17:42:34 -0800
If it is grease inside POR and other paints will have an issue sticking.  If
it can't be cleaned grease free don't use paint.  If this is the case, I'd
suggest Waxoil.  My 1988 Saab came with a similar material applied to the
body and it was intact and solid after 17 years and over 250,000 miles when
the car was totaled in an accident.

There is a homebrew recipe somewhere on the web.

Jack