[Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis

Subject: [Shop-talk] Painting inside a chassis
From: eltonclark at gmail.com (Elton E. (Tony) Clark)
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 16:53:39 -0600
*We faced this problem with a Lotus formula Ford.  To *
*complicate matters, it uses the frame tubes for the*
*coolant and this car is 43 years old!  We swabbed and*
*degreased the tubes with a scrub pad tied in the middle*
* of a wire and, after drying completely, I sprayed a rattle*
*can of Zynolyte epoxy in each tube and accompanied the*
*spray with a blast of compressor air.  It made an 'ellova *
*mess on the other end but e think we got good coverage*
*and after a coupla years, we are getting no paint flecks *
*in the coolant.*
* Tony*