Re: [Shop-talk] MY DISHWASHER IS A RUMBLIN

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] MY DISHWASHER IS A RUMBLIN
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 09:50:40 -0500
At the risk of getting kicked off the list, the smartest thing I ever
did with regard to home appliance repair is find a local guy that's
REALLY good at that, and cheap. My only complaint is that he won't fix
water heaters--says it's cheaper to just replace them.

I'd *like* to know how to do it myself, and it frustrates me that most
appliances are simple machines that any moron can fix. But each time
something breaks for the last few years, I weigh posting on here and
learning the ins and outs of whatever it was that cratered and trying to
DIY...or calling him.  Calling him always wins.

I guess if you don't have that guy where you are, then my best guess for
your dishwasher is what you said--something in the fill valve is bad.
I'd replace it.

On 1/17/2012 9:42 AM, Peter J. Thomas wrote:
> On 1/17/2012 8:47 AM, john niolon wrote:
>> Something new popped up to occupy my time...  whirlpool dishwasher
>> has decided
>> to make unusual noises.
>>
>> it sounds like water hammer ... but very fast vibration... not one
>> quick thump
>> like when you turn a faucet off and it bangs.   I can feel a
>> vibration in the
>> sink faucet when it happens... usually only hear it when the washer
>> is filling
>> or using water.  If I turn on the sink faucet it stops, but that
>> tends to
>> waste a lot of water...
>>
>> I'm thinking the fill valve/solonoid is going bad... what do you guys
>> think
>> ???

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.96