Re: [Shop-talk] Insulating a garage door

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Insulating a garage door
From: "David C." <cavanadd@frontier.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 20:39:45 -0800
Spray foam is essentially the same thing as Gorilla Glue and that stuff
sticks to everything, apparently forever.  I have some on my brief case
that is nearly 20 years old.

Another member sent me a note that he just cut his insulation oversize
and then bowed it go go into the door sections.  I'm going to give that
a try.  As long as it's not as thick as the door sections it should work
fine.

Eric J Russell wrote:
> I don't know if the spray can foam is much of an adhesive. Why not glue
> it in place with latex adhesive caulking? Many foams are adversely
> affected by solvent glues.
>
> Will the added thickness still allow the door to roll up?
>
> Eric Russell
> Mebane, NC
> http://home.mebtel.net/~ejrussell

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html