[Shop-talk] non ethanol fuel alternative

Subject: [Shop-talk] non ethanol fuel alternative
From: scott.hall.personal at gmail.com (Scott)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:52:10 -0500
If John's not doing that, I second that suggestion.  But I'll note that
I do that for all my stuff too, and some of it seems to have internal
components that don't play nice with even the film left there, or don't
like ever coming into contact with it at all, or the gas and/or
additives are particularly nasty sometimes.  The fuel lines on old
string trimmer I had disintegrated or gummed up at slightest
provocation, and the blower's jets forever had gunk in them, I suspect
from something upstream doing the same thing as the string trimmer.  I
used to have a mower like that too.

That trick seems to work on my new blower and trimmer, though.  The new
mower I don't run dry, but it doesn't get enough time off for anything
nasty to happen in the fuel system, I think.