[Shop-talk] Is this true?---Fw: eBay Motors Fee Class Action(6540054)

Subject: [Shop-talk] Is this true?---Fw: eBay Motors Fee Class Action(6540054)
From: elans4 at cox.net (Mullen)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:11:21 -0500
pethier at comcast.net wrote:

> I have my check right here:   $0.34
<...>
> I guess I have to either shred it or frame it.

Years ago, the company I worked for decided to shut down between Christmas
and New Years.  The problem was with payroll.  About half the people had
checks that were the same pay period after pay period.  The other half's
amount fluctuated up and down a penny.  To make things simple, the company
just duplicated the previous paycheck and issued it during the shutdown.
Then they corrected the amount after the new year.  They had to issue about
10,000 paychecks in the amount of $0.01.  I think that everyone that got
them just hung them on the wall (as an example of how little they made :-)
).  That caused accounting problems with 10,000 un-cashed checks on the
books...

Tim Mullen