[Shop-talk] Single Post Parking Lift

Subject: [Shop-talk] Single Post Parking Lift
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (bjshov8 at tx.rr.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:46:17 -0400
I've never seen one.  From one standpoint it is a good idea and would minimize
the amount of space lost.  It might be OK for car storage but not so good for
working on cars because it blocks a lot of access from underneath.  I think
just for storage a 4-post might be a better solution.  For working on the car I
think a 2-post is better, but either of these require more space beside the
vehicle on both sides.  The single post could work with the car positioned very
close to the wall opposite of the post.  But the single post, even more so than
a double post, is very critical of your floor slab construction and of how it
is bolted to the floor.