[Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists

Subject: [Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 19:00:54 -0400
I actually have this one (and a trolley and 1 ton electric hoist.)  I was
thinking about selling it.  I don't need it with a car lift and fork lift.

Let me know if you want to go that route.  Mine is basically brand new and
has never been outside.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

"Mullen" <elans4 at cox.net>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
03/20/2012 11:16
Please respond to
elans4 at cox.net

<shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Shop-talk] reinforcing roof joists

Oh yea, I was originally going to mention the possibility of an "A -
Frame"
to hold thing up.  You could buy one like this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-ton-telescoping-gantry-crane-41188.html
from harbor freight (they put it on sale often).

Or you could just make you own out of some 4x4 posts and either a nice 4x4
post across the top or better yet, a steel I-beam.  Then you wouldn't have
to worry about the roof...

Tim Mullen

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html