[Shop-talk] Tractor Won't Start

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Tractor Won't Start
From: "Richard Gallagher" <rgallagrrr@mcn.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 20:23:13 -0600
Sender: shop-talk-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi guys,

>From Great Falls, Montana:  I need help with my John Deere 950 utility
tractor (about 22 hp but with gears a very good tractor).  We have 30 acres
and need the tractor to help maintain it.  Last couple of weeks after work
(yes, I do have a rgeular job and thank you God for the rain last weekend)
I fertilized about 25 acres for hay and the tractor worked great.  Now the
battrey went dead (maybe--see below).  I purchased a replacement commerical
battrey from NAPA and the darn thing still won't start.  With the new
battrey hooked up the lights work but the starter turns a couple of cranks
and then the solinoid just clicks.  I've got an electrical problem.  Now I
am not sure that the old commercial battrey went dead but it is now
gone--all I know is that it would not take a charge from the charger.  My
guess is that it died and in the process of trying to charge it I messed up
something--voltage regulator???  The starter still wants to crank but is
there a short???

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rich Gallagher