Re: [Shop-talk] which tie down best for car hauler

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] which tie down best for car hauler
From: Mark Andy <marka@maracing.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:12:48 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Sorry about the "blast from the past" but I'm going through old messages.
Hopefully the topic isn't enough out of date to irritate...

I'm with David.  I tie the car down using the frame, which compresses the
suspension a bit and certainly limits the car body movement.  I've been
doing it for a long time towing race cars and never had an issue with it.
I very much like that the car can't pitch around on its own suspension as
much.

Also, I wanted to take a bit of exception to one of David's implications
below... One of the reasons to tie the car down with the chassis and not
the wheels is to _limit_ shock movement and therefore wear.  I imagine
this matters more to us "stupidly expensive shocks on a racecar" folks,
but I'd just as soon not put the extra miles on my shocks towing to an
event.

Mark