Re: [Shop-talk] Tech question - for the shop

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tech question - for the shop
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
I used something similar to your first one...
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=560158
1&CatId=372

I did have to run a wire to a location closer to where I was for
it work 'reliably.'   Then to keep it working reliably for the wireless
devices attached to that new router, I had to turn off the DHCP server. This
allowed the main router to dish out IPs. I initially tried the new router in
'repeater' mode and it while it did work, it was not reliable nor stable.
Depending on how long your run is, it might save your sanity by running a
direct burial cat6 out to a location closer to where it is needed, then attach
the device of your choice to that cable. You can still use the main router to
dish out IPs as mentioned before.

Regards,
Brian
shop-talk@autox.team.net
>Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:49 PM
>Subject: [Shop-talk] Tech question - for the shop
>
>My home wifi barely
makes it to the shop - not a reliable signal. In
>attempting to provide a
usable signal, would I be better off trying one of the
repeater/boosters like this:http://tinyurl.com/8s4jdch Which may or may
>not
provide enough boost.Although a side benefit is it would surely improve