Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutting eye protection

To: "shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net >> 'Team shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Plasma cutting eye protection
From: steve hochschild <shochschild@att.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2013 12:14:50 -0600
I use my Miller Elite auto-darkening helmet dialed back to about a 5,
myself.  I also have a grade 5 face shield I use sometimes.  What grade
are your goggles?  I bet they are two...

I use a soapstone marker, but more helpfully, I hung a very bright
halogen (Harbor Freight) work light over the table where I am cutting.
It helps a lot by eliminating some of the contrast and glare between the
point source of the nozzle and the surface of the piece.