Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators

To: pethier@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] LED light bulbs in garage door operators
From: Mark Endicott <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 11:47:57 -0500
Cc: shop-talk@autox.team.net
References: <2019521980.1039460.1376410673087.JavaMail.root@sz0220a.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net> a=KiVbQdkf6L0A:10 a=eVorbOOLNdEA:10 a=zZKT3jqqOw0A:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=V6f-GIhDAAAA:8 a=CdVwskkGjWYA:10 a=C_IRinGWAAAA:8 a=JAralIE_AAAA:8 a=DLXO72i6AAAA:8 a=AFAgp7RTAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=lLEe_dU4ygAaSO-IT6YA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=si9q_4b84H0A:10 a=XKywMG_M2SIA:10 a=R5gpiK+HJ/bna/IrAbEdxw==:117
Both LED's and CFL's use switching power supplies built in the bulb
base.  It is common for them to cause RF interference across a wide
spectrum.  Their radiation limits are controlled on paper but not in
reality.  When the bulb is in close proximity to a receiver the signal
can be strong enough to mask the remote receiver and make it fail to
recognize the intended signal.  Like trying to hear a whisper when
someone is yelling in your ear.  Stick with the standard bulb.