Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question

To: doug@dougbraun.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 20:14:20 GMT
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
To: Matt <mbarre@juno.com>, Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 13:20:30 -0500

Hello,

How do you get the arc started on that unit? Does it have a pilot arc?

Thanks,Doug

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Matt <mbarre@juno.com> wrote:
&#65533;I took Inch's recommendation and got the Ramsond plasma cutter (wow, 2
day
delivery from Amazon w/free shipping!) &#65533;It works off either 220V 20amp
or 110
30amp depending on the plug you put on it. I was about to put on a 220V plug
but I realized that I had wired up a dedicated 30A 110 circuit for visiting
RVs and it would actually be more convenient to cut near that outlet.Is there
any reason to go 220 instead of 110 in this case? &#65533;All I can figure is
the
higher current but since I have a rated circuit it would seem convenience
prevails..