Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] electrical question
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:34:04 -0500 7.0.1|January 17, 2006) at 11/05/2013 18:33:49, Serialize complete at 11/05/2013 18:33:49
Matt asks...

> Inch! can you help us out on this one?

I haven't tried mine on 110v yet.  I have 220 outlets all over my shop, so
I never considered it.  I guess I can try it to see, but I seem to
remember the guy I spoke with at Ransome stating that it was a small
performance hit (but nothing major for most of the cutting.)

But I can tell you that my car charges 2 to four times faster on 220.  8>)

If I were you, I would put a 110 plug on it and try the outlet that you
have available.  You can always change the plug later if it doesn't work
out.

If there is something you want me to try, just let me know.  I can make a
220 to 110 pigtail so I can just plug in the unit to a regular outlet.

Thanks.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson