Re: [Shop-talk] New Generator

To: john Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] New Generator
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 10:09:22 +0000
Cc: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
john Mitchell wrote:
> Thanks for the insights.  My 5000 watt generator would run 8 hours on
> 2.5 gallons and I always keep 15 gallons stored with stabil.  I hate to
> spend $3000 on something that rarely gets used.  My other big concern is
> noise.  I've read that diesel generators are much quieter.  John
> On 12/1/2013 9:30 PM, Doug Braun wrote:

There is the lpg option. I've just bought an lpg kit for my EU20i that
is supposed to use 0.33 kg propane per hour. That generator is big
enough to run a central heating pump, a couple of freezers and give a
bit of light but would not be big enough for your needs.

Regarding diesel generators and noise. I'd be surprised if diesel was
quieter but ultimately it comes down to the sound deadening
encapsulation. I have a bit of experience with a floodlighting generator