Re: [Shop-talk] troubleshooting LED flashlight again

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] troubleshooting LED flashlight again
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 07:26:38 -0800 (PST)
Check the continuity of the led assembly. If you have another similar unit,
take the led assembly and swap them out. If you have alligator clip leads you
can also use the battery and see if the leds will light up when you touch the
leads to the contacts. I've also used foil to help the cheap contacts make a
good connection when reassembling. For the price of that one and what Amazon
charges for returns, it may be more cost effective to just trash it.
Regards,
Brian

<jniolon@att.net>
December 25, 2013 9:04 AM
>Subject: [Shop-talk] troubleshooting LED flashlight
again

>I tried flipping battery...still dark... checking voltage   one
lead on the
>positive battery post and the other on the case where the led
screws in... got
>1.5vdc there... so the problem must be in the led
assembly... too small to
>canabalize... it's only about 1/2" in diameter and
1/4" high...  it's just odd
>that all 4 would fail... the seller offered no
info except a refund.  BTW
>here's a better link below if anyone is
interested...  the others that I
>bought previously are good lites with a long
runtime for a single AA.