Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?

To: "Jim Franklin" <jamesf@groupwbench.org>, "shop-talk List" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Tapping off a crimp connector?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 22:09:34 -0500 a=enNQ1KVKsPkA:10 a=P2oOn6vrs4wA:10 a=8nJEP1OIZ-IA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:17 a=C3T0tyzcAAAA:8 a=8GN4XRofAAAA:8 a=tgZQmrZVVE-KmCiERuYA:9 a=wPNLvfGTeEIA:10 a=FibliMNvKBIA:10 a=S2wpYzp2RsyRkoRNwqcm1Q==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0
I'm not sure exactly what you are seeking. Do you need to be able to
connect/disconnect this or is a permanent connection OK? If permanent then
solder/heat shrink is a good choice.

Anyway, I like to use Posi-Lock connectors whenever space is not at a
premium (they are a little bigger than the typical crimp connectors).
They also have a Posi-Tap connector to tap a wire into an existing wire. Way
better than the hated 'suitcase' connectors.

Posi-Locks connections can be easily made then opened for situations where
occasional removal is needed. They also have water-proof covers. I used
these to re-wire a car trailer and had no electrical issues for years
thereafter (I sold the trailer).

http://www.posi-lock.com/

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC