Re: [Shop-talk] Installing a Network device in a safe.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Installing a Network device in a safe.
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2014 15:38:28 -0500
On 12/30/2013 10:57 PM, ElanS4 wrote:
>> I'm an IT pro and have had to deal with backups for decades.
>
> Me too, or at least I used to be.  Years ago, I used to back up my work
> system (a VAX) onto 8mm digital video tape and carry the backup home with me

Cool ;) Love me some VAXen and Exabytes (or used to).

USB flash drives are so cheap now, that's the way to go. Just do not
depend on only one or limited ability to back-track. Have you heard
about the "cryptolocker" thing? It's both ingenious and despicable.
Friend's company got it and it chewed up files on their servers, and
they were syncing to a SINGLE other media, so the messed up files over
wrote the good versions. Someone should be fired over it; but at least
it's a good lesson for others in the biz.

-Wayne