Re: [Shop-talk] Installing a Network device in a safe.

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Installing a Network device in a safe.
From: "ElanS4" <ElanS4@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 17:41:31 -0500
>  Cool ;) Love me some VAXen and Exabytes (or used to).
>
> USB flash drives are so cheap now, that's the way to go.

Back when I first started with the VAX, it was the top of the line VAX 780,
with all the options (for a classified project).  We actually had two 512 MB
fixed drives and a 250 Meg removable drive.  All three were the size of a
washing machine.  The removable drive was one of those multi disk platter
things with the plastic housing you slipped down to clamp on and remove it.
And the VAX had a full 12 meg of memory - not 12 gig, 12 meg.  My cell phone
has more computing power than that thing had, and it's an old out dated
"dumb" phone.

Back in the simple days, when things were simpler, and cars had points.

Tim Mullen