[Shop-talk] Ultrasonic Cleaners

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Ultrasonic Cleaners
From: Benjamin Zwissler <bjzwissler@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 21:28:40 -0500
I'm considering an ultrasonic cleaner for small parts (automotive and hobby
parts).  This would include metal parts as well as plastic.  For examples,
today I was cleaning the side market lights on my TR8 and thought it would
be handy to clean the insides and crevices.  Anyone have recommendations
for the cleaning unit and what cleanings fluids to use?  I see several
units at about 2-2.5 liter capacity for the $100 range.  I'd like to go
bigger but the price seems to go up fast.  People seem to use Simple Green
and similar water based detergents.

Thanks, Ben.....