Re: [Shop-talk] Thermo Imaging camera

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Thermo Imaging camera
From: John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 13:18:19 -0600
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Remember that all breakers (even brand new, good units) will run warmer
when the have increased current flowing through them,  What you are looking
for are any breakers that are getting too hot.  I was told that 55C is a
good limit for this application.  If the actual temp of the breaker is less
than 55C, it's probably fine, more than that it should be replaced.  But
you should also use some common sense here.  If you have a circuit that is
only drawing 10 amps, and it is heating the breaker to 50C, that is highly
suspicious.  If you have a circuit pulling 90amps, then 50C is probably
fine.