Re: [Shop-talk] Thermo Imaging camera

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Thermo Imaging camera
From: w <wc5813@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 17:44:50 -0500
On 1/8/2014 1:38 PM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> OK, so I finally sprung for a Thermo Imaging camera.  (FLIR E4.)

Woah! Nice toy. Err, tool. Prices have come down on the things a bunch
it appears. Thought I was doing well to score a Fluke meter and IR
thermometer. Still trolling ebay for a Tek' scope.

> One of the things I wanted to do was checking circuit breakers to find
> ones that are about to fail.

My Fluke 62 IR showed some being 1 to 3 deg F above others. GFCIs in
mine pull 1 to 3 watts even with nothing plugged in. Two were more like
7 or 8 deg and I replaced them.

> One other question, are there other things I should use this camera for
> also?  Any ideas?

Bring it over to my place!

-wayne